Introducing repeated addition, aka multiplication! If you are using the Grade 2 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
This topic focuses on repeated addition, which lays the foundation for later learning multiplication. Lessons include drawing a picture to solve repeated addition problems, using arrays to solve repeated addition, and using pictures to solve problems. This topic is aligned to CCSS 2.OA.4.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
4-1 Repeated Addition
4-3 Practicing Repeated Addition
4-4 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture & Write a Number Sentence
If you like this product, please consider these other products!
Grade 2 EnVisions Math Topic 5 Power Point Lessons
Grade 2 EnVisions Math Topic 6 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***