Greater than, less than, place value, and more- if you are using the Grade 2 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson. The first slide introduces the lesson number and title, allowing you to state and describe the lesson objective to the students. Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 5 focuses on number value and comparison to deepen comprehension of what a number is worth, what comes before it, and what comes after it. Lessons include models for tens and ones, reading and writing numbers, comparing numbers, and the concept of even and odd. This topic is aligned to CCSS 2.NBT.1, 2.NBT.1.a, 2.NBT.2, 2.NBT.3, 2.NBT.4, 2.NBT.5, 2.NBT.6, 2.NBT.9, 2.OA.1, and 2.OA.3. Lessons presented by the power points include:
5-1 Models for Tens and Ones
5-2 Reading and Writing Numbers
5-3 Using Symbols to Compare Numbers
5-4 Counting to 100
5-5 10 More or 10 Less
5-6 Even and Odd Numbers
5-7 Problem Solving: Use Data from a Chart
If you like this product, please consider the other Topic Power Points in the Grade 2 Envisions series!
Grade 2 EnVisions Math Topic 6 Power Point Lessons
Grade 2 EnVisions Math Topic 7 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***