Who's ready to develop amazing addition abilities? If you are using the Second Grade EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
This topic covers adding two digit numbers, with and without regrouping. Lessons include addition with regrouping, addition without regrouping, adding on number lines, adding three and four numbers, and more. This topic is aligned to CCSS 2.NBT.5, 2.NBT.6, 2.NBT.9, 2.OA.1 and 2.MD.6.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
8-1 Regrouping 10 Ones for 1 Ten
8-2 Models to Add Two and One Digit Numbers
8-3 Adding One and Two Digit Numbers
8-4 Models to Add Two Digit Numbers
8-5 Adding Two Digit Numbers
8-6 Adding on a Number Line
8-7 Adding More Than Two Numbers
8-8 Ways to Add
8-9 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture and Write a Number Sentence
If you like this product, please consider these products!
Grade 2 EnVisions Math Topic 9 Power Point Lessons
Grade 2 EnVisions Math Topic 10 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***