Attain awesome addition skills with Grade 2 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 10 Power Point lessons! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on addition of two and three digit numbers, and include the strategies of adding 10 and 100 more, using the partial sums method of addition, adding on number lines, using mental math, and using place value blocks to add. This topic is aligned to CCSS 2.NBT.B.7, 2.NBT.B.8, and 2.NBT.B.9.
Lessons presented by the power points include:
10-1 Add 10 and 100
10-2 Add on an Open Number Line
10-3 Add Using Mental Math
10-4 Add Using Partial Sums
10-5 Use Models to Add
10-6 Explain Addition Strategies
10-7 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Repeated Reasoning
You may also be interested in the other power points in this series. Follow my store for updates, freebies, and new products!