Continue building super star math skills with Grade 2 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 13 Power Point lessons! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on adding and subtracting with measurement problems. Topics include perimeter, finding the missing side of a shape, adding and subtracting lengths, finding unknown measurements, and choosing the best tool to solve a problem. This topic is aligned to Common Core standards 2.MD.B.5, 2.MD.B.6, and 2.OA.A.1.
Lessons presented by the power points include:
13-1 Adding and Subtracting in Measurement
13-2 Find Unknown Measurements
13-3 Continue to Find Unknown Measurements
13-4 Add and Subtract on a Number Line
13-5 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Use Tools
You may also be interested in the other power points in this series. Follow my store for updates, freebies, and new products!