Continue advancing in addition with Grade 2 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 4 Power Point lessons! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on 2-digit addition. Topics include 2-digit addition, adding with partial sums, using models to add, and adding more than 2 numbers. This topic is aligned to Common Core standards 2.NBT.B.5, 2.NBT.B.6, 2.NBT.B.9, and 2.OA.A.1, .
Lessons presented by the power points include:
4-1 Add With Partial Sums
4-2 Continue to Add with Partial Sums
4-3 Models to Add 2-Digit Numbers
4-4 Add 2-Digit Numbers
4-5 Add More than Two 2-Digit Numbers
4-6 Practice Adding
4-7 Solve One-Step and Two-Step Problems
4-8 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Model With Math
You may also be interested in the other power points in this series. Follow my store for updates, freebies, and new products!