This activity packet is aligned with the Ontario Grade 2 Science curriculum expectations.
The big ideas that this packet addresses are:
• Animals have distinct characteristics.
• Humans are animals.
• There are similarities and differences among different kinds of animals.
• Humans need to protect animals and the places where they live.
Students will be able to:
• Assess ways in which animals have an impact on society and the environment, and ways in which humans have an impact upon animals and the places where they live;
• Investigate similarities and differences in the characteristics of various animals;
• Demonstrate an understanding that animals grow and change and have distinct characteristics.
This activity packet includes:
- Cut and paste activities;
- Vocabulary posters;
- Venn Diagrams;
- A culminating activity;
- Readings (a great way to explore the readings is for students to pair up and read together).
Some of the concepts/readings might need explanation however the terms used are all ones that students should know and be using to describe animals throughout the packet.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Looking for other Science resources?
Grade 2, Unit 2: Movement and Simple Machines
Grade 2, Unit 3: States of Matter - Properties of Liquids and Solids
Grade 2, Unit 4: Air and Water in the Environment