This bundled set includes all lesson plans for Unit 1 ( Parts 1 -4) which cover the outcomes for USC2.1 - 2.6. It also includes Unit 2, covering the outcome for DM2.1, as well as Unit 3, covering the outcome for AP2.1 . This bundle will completely cover the Grade 2 Health curriculum for Saskatchewan, but is not limited to just the SK curriculum, as many of the topics covered are common to other jurisdictions.
Within the bundle you will find suggested learning activities that cover the following:
1. Daily habits/routines that are healthy/unhealthy
2. Investigating how particular thoughts make one feel.
3. Examine various ways to appropriately share thoughts, feelings, and actions.
4. Provide examples of how one can help others to understand self by sharing thoughts and feelings.
5. Determine how healthy snacking practices influence health: investigate the role food and water play in being healthy, determine healthy snacking.
6. Develop a common understanding and use of respectful language to talk about illness and disease: describe what being sick looks like, how particular diseases can be transmitted, identify personal health habits that prevent disease and illness, investigate common childhood illnesses, differentiate between serious and non-serious infections, examine how to care for self and others when sick.
7. Examine social and personal meanings of respect and establish ways to show respect to self, persons, living things, possessions, and the environment.
8. Recognize potential safety risks in community play areas and determine safe practices/behaviours to identify, assess, and reduce the risks.
9. Examine how communities benefit from the diversity of their individual community members.
10. Demonstrate how, why, and when to ask for help and or advice.
11.Act upon health-related understandings, skills, and confidences to make healthy connections related to personal thoughts-feelings-actions, healthy snacking, affects of illness/disease, respect, safety, and diversity.