This zip file contains PowerPoints and Microsoft Word documents. The documents can be used to accompany the Houghton Mifflin Journeys program. These documents go along with Grade 2: Lesson 3: Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon. The file contains:
3 PowerPoints: One PPT introduces questions and statements and provides practice with the period and question mark. The 2nd PPT review high frequency words for the week. It gives students a chance to practice reading, spelling, and writing the words. The 3rd PPT is to be used after the blind writing sort of long a and long i words.
1. Questions that accompany the decodable reader story, City Ride.
2. Seat Work for spelling and vocabulary. The documents have spaces for students to draw a picture and write a sentence for vocabulary and spelling words for the week.
3. Test Practice: Multiple Choice questions that go along with the story summary in the Grab and Go Resources.
4. Picture and Word Sort for the 2 sounds of C
5. Picture and Word Sort for Spelling Words (Long a and Long I)
6. Venn Diagram to compare and contrast Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon with Henry and Mudge: The First Book
7. Trifold Questions for Henry and Mudge Under the Yellow Moon
8. Lesson 3 Take Home Page which lists all of the spelling, high frequency, and vocabulary words for the week
9. Rainbow Writing Page for high frequency words for the week.
Many of these items I use as seat for my students throughout the week, but they could also be used as homework assignments. The files are all saved as a zip file.
*These resources go with the 2012 edition of Journeys.