This pack of no-prep Number of the Day activities will strengthen your students' number sense and math skills that fall under the domain of Number & Operations in Base Ten. This resource is aligned with 2nd grade NBT standards.
Each day starts with a 2- or 3-digit number. Students will use that number to:
• Use mental math to find 10 more, 10 less, 100 more, and 100 less
• Add or subtract
• Compare using greater than and less than symbols
• Write expanded form
• Skip count forward and backward by 5s, 10s, and 100s
In addition to the above, on Friday students will:
• Order the week's numbers from least to greatest
• Count base ten blocks
These activities start out with only 2-digit numbers in the first week. The numbers increase each week so that students are working with numbers up to 1,000 by the end. Addition and subtraction skills also build and eventually require composing or decomposing numbers.
Your purchase will include:
• 9 weeks of daily math practice
• Answer keys
Connect with Me!
• Fishyrobb's Pond
• Fishyrobb on Pinterest
• Fishyrobb on Instagram
• Fishyrobb on Facebook
• Fishyrobb on Twitter