Looking for activities and experiments that have students explore the properties of liquids and solids? Look no further! The concepts covered in this activity pack are:
- What matter is
- What liquids and solids are
- What the properties of liquids and solids are
- Changing states of matter & Mixing liquids and solids
- Hazardous Household Product Symbols & Safety with matter substances
- Buoyancy and absorption
This activity pack includes experiment suggestions and corresponding worksheets, vocabulary posters, a mini science center sorting activity, reading passages and corresponding fill-in-the-blank worksheets as well as various activity worksheets that help students understand what liquids and solids are. This activity package is aligned with the Ontario Grade 2 science curriculum.
The big ideas addressed in this activity package are:
- Materials that exist as liquids and solids have specific properties;
- Liquids and solids interact in different ways;
- Some liquids and solids can be harmful to us and the environment.
The vocabulary posters presented in this activity package are in both color and in black and white. The remainder activity worksheets are in black and white only. The instructions for the activities and experiments are in color.