MAD MINUTE MATH (SPEED MATH)
THE TEST. THE GAME. THE CHALLENGE.
• Challenge your kids weekly (or more) with a fun and exciting math activity! Great as part of a math program, a quick activity to break up the day, something to get the kids to focus for a few minutes or as an activity a substitute teacher can use. Also a great activity for home schooled children.
• Mad Minute Math is available in Addition, Subtraction and Mix or Addition and Subtraction, Multiplication and Division are also available on TpT. Watch for more exciting Mad Minute Math coming soon including: Shapes, Patterns, Symmetry and Letters and Words!
• Kids race against themselves and their past performance. You can track their results using the Results Sheet that is included in the PDF Package.
• The questions are easy and are geared towards grades 3 to grade 6 students.
• There are 4 identical activities per page to save on paper.
• Kids have 1 minute to answer 50 questions (most kids will not finish)
• Each hand out is different and are broken down into 3 different levels. Easy, Medium and Challenge
• Usually given out at random in the middle of the day. Kids are not given advance warning – though for some kids it might be advisable to send home practice sheets in advance
• The Set Up
o Papers are handed out upside down (no peaking!)
o When the kids are settled and everyone has their sheets you say - “Ready, Set, Go!”
o Kids answer the questions as fast as possible (as many as possible – not all kids will finish)
o A 10 second warning is given
o After 1 minute is up “Time’s Up!” – all pencils are put down and sheets turned upside down again or held in the air
o Papers are then either collected and marked or passed to a nearby friend to be corrected as a group
Included in the Downloaded PDF package:
• 15 Addition tests (easy, medium and challenge)
• 15 Subtraction tests (easy, medium and challenge)
• 15 Mixed Addition and Subtraction tests (easy, medium and challenge)
• Labelled answer sheets for each test
• Results Sheet
• Grade 3
• Grade 4
• Grade 5
• Grade 6
Do not print entire document at one time. it is 93 pages long. Print only the pages as needed.
math test, math quiz, math worksheet. addition and subtraction. grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, grade 6. elementary math. substitute activity.