This is part of our Presentation we shared at the
SDE Singapore Math Conference in Las Vegas and the UCTM Conference in Salt Lake City.
This SmartBoard Presentation has ENGAGING activities with instructions of how you can strengthen your students' Number Sense using Bonding and Mental Math Strategies-(3rd-5th). Your students will also be practicing Subitizing with the dice activities.
This presentation also shows progression of BONDING from 10 to 1000 using addition and subtraction.
It shows progression of decomposing numbers across grade levels.
Suggestions for using Activities:
• Use an Al Abacus to help students show concrete bonds. We have found that the Al Abacus is a great way to use manipulatives without having to worry about them getting scattered all over desks and floors.
• Use as a Mental Math warm-up every day. Stay on the same activity until the students have a strong understanding. I usually change after a week. I revisit Mental Math warm-ups throughout the year.
• Use with the strategy you are teaching as a warm-up.
• Use as partner activities with dice instead of the Smart Board.
• Bonds to 10 may seem easy. We find even in fourth and fifth grades we need to go back and start with bonding to 10. Some of our students have never been taught this strategy, and some could use the review.
• Practice bonds in the lunch line, when your class is waiting during assemblies (Bullwinkle/no talking), ticket to leave, waiting in the halls.
Also on out Teachers Pay Teachers (JANCY):
FIRST TO 100 GAME (Subitizing, Number Sense, Multiples for Math Facts)
CAN YOUR STUDENTS SUBITIZE? (Subitize Formative Assessment)
PLEASE be sure to rate this product and provide feedback to earn TpT credits good toward the purchase of future products!
ALSO, Follow us on JANCY!!