** Please note that since the Ontario mathematics curriculum has not been updated, this activity pack still uses the penny to match the expectations. **
This activity pack is aligned with the Ontario Grade 3 Mathematics curriculum expectations for money. Included in this activity pack are a variety of resources that provide students with the chance to add, subtract, count and represent money amounts in Canadian currency to $10.00. This activity pack includes the following items:
- Coloured & Black/White Money Posters
- Worksheets (counting and representing money amounts to $10.00).
- Themed Activity Sheets (e.g., “The Candy Store”)
- Centre activities (e.g., “Race to $1.00; Race to $10.00”, “Money War,” and “Piggy Bank Match Up”)
- Money Task Cards
- Word Problems
The concepts covered in this activity pack are:
- Adding and subtracting money amounts to $10.00.
- Identifying relationships between money amounts (e.g., there are 2 loonies in 1 toonie).
- Counting and representing money amounts to $10.00.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.