Looking for a great way to teach Grade 3 students about horizontal and vertical bar graphs as well as pictographs? The "Data Management Activity Packet" is based on the Ontario Mathematics curriculum expectations for Grade 3. This packet is a great resource for high flying students in Grade 2 or students in Grade 4 who might need to review some graphing and data management concepts.
Through this packet students:
* Organize objects into categories, by sorting and classifying objects using two or more attributes simultaneously;
* Collect data by conducting a simple survey;
* Collect and organize categorical or discrete primary data and display the data in charts, tables, and graphs with appropriate titles and labels and with labels ordered appropriately along horizontal axes, as needed using many-to-one correspondence;
* Read primary data presented in charts, tables, and graphs, then describe the data using comparative language and describe the shape of the data.
* Interpret and draw conclusions from data presented in charts, tables, and graphs.
* Demonstrate an understanding of mode and identify the mode in a set of data.
This activity packet includes lesson plans, posters, worksheets, rubrics and a final assignment that all help to meet the data management expectations at the Grade 3 level.