Do you get frustrated when your students read common core word problems and try to solve them in ways that don't make sense?
Using this Close Reading Graphic Organizer, your kids will read problems four times with a different purpose each time...resulting in word problem comprehension!
Read #1: Identify what the problem is about.
Read #2: Identify the numbers in the problem and what they describe.
Read #3: Create a model or drawing to represent the problem.
Read #4: Write the equation that represents the problem.
Included in your set:
10 elapsed time word problems (based on Grade 3 Common Core Problem Structures) on Close Reading Graphic Organizers - unknowns include start time unknown, time elapsed unknown, and end time unknown.
★★★★ 4 Star reviews make this a great addition to your classroom!
When I have used this close reading graphic organizer with struggling students, many have said to me, "This is the very first time I really understood what the problem was about!"
Need more quality resource material? Companion resource/product links below you may want to include in your collection of lesson plans. Make Math fun, dynamic & rewarding for your students!! Links below to preview & order others.
• Tricky Tens Game - Ways to Make Ten
• Arrow Math - Addition and Subtraction on a Hundred Chart
• Cross One Out - Math Warm Ups that Promote Reasoning
• Math Fact Strategy Posters - FREE!
• April Math Journals with Number Bonds: Kindergarten
• 3rd Grade Perimeter Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Elapsed Time Word Problems - Close Reading!
• ★BEST SELLER! Magic Square Puzzle Bundle: Addition and Subtraction Math Facts
• Match Up - Building Better Problem Solvers. For Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
• 3rd Grade Word Problems - Close Reading!
• 3rd Grade Two Step Word Problems SET 2- Close Reading!
• Math Games and Centers Bundle for Grades 1 & 2
★ YOUR positive feedback make this store possible. Allow me to thank you in advance.