Get ready to become number experts! If you are using the Grade 3 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson. Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 1 focuses on numeration: ways of naming numbers (expanded form, standard form, and word form), place value, ordering numbers, comparing numbers, and number lines. This topic is aligned to CCSS 3.NBT.1, 3.NBT.2, and 3.NBT.3. Lessons presented by the power points include:
1-1 Representing Numbers
1-2 Ways to Name Numbers
1-3 Greater Numbers
1-4 Understanding Number Lines
1-5 Counting on the Number Line
1-6 Comparing Numbers
1-7 Ordering Numbers
1-8 Problem Solving: Make an Organized List
If you like this product, please consider the other Topic Power Points in the Grade 3 Envisions series!
Grade 3 Topic 2 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 3 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***