If you are using the Grade 3 EnVisions math curriculum to teach Topic 11 geometry and shapes, these EnVisions Math power points are a great resource to use! They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 11 focuses on geometry- polygons, quadrilaterals, types of lines and angles, and critically thinking about shapes and their properties.This topic is aligned to CCSS 3.G.1 and 3.G.2. Lessons presented by the power points include:
11-1: Lines and Line Segments
11-6: Combining and Separating Shapes
11-7: Making New Shapes
11-8: Problem Solving: Solve a Simpler Problem
11-9: Problem Solving: Make and Test Generalizations
If you like this product, consider the other titles in the Grade 3 EnVisions Math Power Point Series. They make planning and teaching math as easy as, well, 1-2-3!
Grade 3 EnVisions Math Topic 10 Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 EnVisions Math Topic 12 Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 EnVisions Math Topic 13 Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 14 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 15 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***