If you are using the Grade 3 EnVisions math curriculum, these power point lessons are a great resource to integrate technology, teach with ease and reduce your planning time! They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and align with the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 3 focuses on addition and subtraction strategies including the expanded algorithm, modeling with place value blocks, drawing pictures and writing number sentences, and using part-whole bar diagrams. This topic is aligned to CCSS 3.NBT.1, 3.NBT.2 and 3.OA.8.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
3-1 Adding With an Expanded Algorithm
3-2 Models for Adding 3-Digit Numbers
3-3 Adding 3-Digit Numbers
3-4 Adding 3 or More Numbers
3-5 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture
3-6 Subtracting with an Expanded Algorithm
3-7 Models for Subtracting 3-Digit Numbers
3-8 Subtracting 3-Digit Numbers
3-9 Subtracting Across Zero
3-10 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture/Write a Number Sentence
If you like this product, you may want to consider the other Grade 3 EnVisions Math Power Point Inspired Lessons, available for all of the Grade 3 Topics. They will make planning for math as easy as 1-2-3!
Grade 3 Topic 2 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 4 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***