If you are using the Grade 3 EnVisions math curriculum, these Grade 3 EnVisions Math Topic 4 power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and align with the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 4 introduces the topic of multiplication by presenting it as repeated addition, then offering strategies to solve such as making arrays and drawing pictures. The problem solving strategy, writing to explain, is a very relevant lesson for Common Core math.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
4-1 Multiplication as Repeated Addition
4-2 Arrays and Multiplication
4-3 The Commutative Property (in multiplication)
4-4 Writing Multiplication Stories
4-5 Problem Solving: Writing to Explain
If you like this product, you may want to consider other products in the Grade 3 EnVisions Math Inspired Power Point Lessons line. Here are a few related products that will make planning math as easy as, well, 1-2-3!
Grade 3 Topic 3 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 5 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***