If you are using the Grade 3 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and align with the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 5 centers on multiplication facts and using patterns to solve multiplication problems. Lessons include 2,5, 9, and 10 as factors, multiplying with multiples of 10, the Zero Property of Multiplication, the Identity Property of Multiplication, and solving two question problems. This topic is aligned to CCSS 3.OA.3; 3.OA.8; 3.OA.9; and 3.NBT.3
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
5-1: 2 and 5 as Factors
5-2: 9 as a Factor
5-3: Multiplying with 0 and 1
5-4: Patterns for Facts
5-5: 10 as a Factor
5-6: Multiplying by Multiples of 10
5-7: Problem Solving: Two Question Problems
All of the Grade 3 EnVisions Math Inspired Power Points are for sale in my store. You may also be interested in:
Grade 3 Topic 4 EnVisions Power Point
Grade 3 Topic 6 EnVisions Power Point
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***