If you are using the Grade 3 EnVisions math program, these Power Points are an excellent tool for incorporating technology into lessons and presenting the lesson topics in a clear, concise manner. Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 8 focuses on the relationship between multiplication and division as the basis for learning division. If you have learned how to multiply, you can use fact families to divide. It also includes lessons on equations in division and problem solving for multiple step problems and using pictures and number sentences to solve problems.
Lesson 8-1: Multiplication and Division
Lesson 8-2: Fact Families with 2,3,4, and 5
Lesson 8-3: Fact Families with 6 and 7
Lesson 8-4: Fact Families with 8 and 9
Lesson 8-5: Solving Multiple Step Problems
Lesson 8-6: Balancing Equations in Multiplication and Division
Lesson 8-7: Dividing with 0 and 1
Lesson 8-8: Multiplication and Division Facts
Lesson 8-9: Draw a Picture and Write a Number Sentence
If you like this product, you may also be interested in:
Grade 3 Topic 7 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 9 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***