Fractions....they inspire either love or fear in those who enter a math classroom. Never fear, this EnVisions Math Topic 9 Fractions Power Point is here, fraction fearers! If you are using the Grade 3 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson. Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment! .
Topic 9 focuses on understanding fractions, including equal/unequal regions, fractions as parts of a whole and parts of a set, finding a fractional part of a set, fractions on a number line, benchmark fractions, and using patterns to solve problems. This topic is aligned to CCSS 3.NF.1, 3.NF.2.a, 3.NF.2.b and 3.OA.3. Lessons presented by the power points include:
9-1: Dividing Regions Into Equal Parts
9-2: Fractions and Regions
9-3: Fractions and Sets
9-4: Fractional Parts of a Set
9-5: Locating Fractions on a Number Line
9-6: Benchmark Fractions
9-7: Fractions and Length
9-8: Problem Solving: Make a Table and Look for a Pattern
If you like this product, check out my store for the other Grade 3 EnVisions power point lessons and follow me for new products and product updates.
Grade 3 Topic 8 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 EnVisions Math Topic 10 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***