Start strong with 3rd grade math skills and integrate technology while teaching with Grade 3 EnVisions Math with Topic 1, Topic 2, and Topic 3 (2012 Common Core version)! These lesson power points are designed to enhance and guide your instruction, without any prep on your part except a quick review of the slides.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
This bundle contains my power points for Topics 1, 2, and 3. By purchasing together, you save $2!
Lessons presented by the power points include:
1-1 Representing Numbers
1-2 Ways to Name Numbers
1-3 Greater Numbers
1-4 Understanding Number Lines
1-5 Counting on the Number Line
1-6 Comparing Numbers
1-7 Ordering Numbers
1-8 Problem Solving: Make an Organized List
2-1 Addition Meaning and Properties
2-2 Subtraction Meanings
2-3 Using Mental Math to Add
2-4 Using Mental Math to Subtract
2-6 Estimating Sums
2-7 Estimating Differences
2-8 Making Sense of Addition and Subtraction Equations
2-9 Problem Solving: Reasonableness
3-1 Adding With an Expanded Algorithm
3-2 Models for Adding 3-Digit Numbers
3-3 Adding 3-Digit Numbers
3-4 Adding 3 or More Numbers
3-5 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture
3-6 Subtracting with an Expanded Algorithm
3-7 Models for Subtracting 3-Digit Numbers
3-8 Subtracting 3-Digit Numbers
3-9 Subtracting Across Zero
3-10 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture/Write a Number Sentence
** BASED ON THE 2012 COMMON CORE VERSION OF ENVISIONS MATH**