Build your students' 3rd grade math skills and integrate technology while teaching with Grade 3 EnVisions Math with Topic 11, Topic 12, and Topic 13 (2012 Common Core version)! These lesson power points are designed to enhance and guide your instruction, without any prep on your part except a quick review of the slides.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
This bundle contains my power points for Topics 11, 12, and 13. By purchasing together, you save $2!
Lessons presented by the power points include:
11-1: Lines and Line Segments
11-6: Combining and Separating Shapes
11-7: Making New Shapes
11-8: Problem Solving: Solve a Simpler Problem
11-9: Problem Solving: Make and Test Generalizations
12-1: Time to the Half Hour and Quarter Hour
12-2: Time to the Minute
12-3: Units of Time
12-4: Elapsed Time
12-5: Problem Solving: Work Backwards
13-1: Understanding Perimeter
13-2: Tools and Units for Perimeter
13-3: Perimeter of Common Shapes
13-4: Different Shapes with the Same Perimeter
13-5: Problem Solving: Try, Check, and Revise
** BASED ON THE 2012 COMMON CORE VERSION OF ENVISIONS MATH**