Finish the year strong with 3rd grade math and integrate technology while teaching with Grade 3 EnVisions Math with Topic 14, Topic 15, and Topic 16 (2012 Common Core version)! These lesson power points are designed to enhance and guide your instruction, without any prep on your part except a quick review of the slides.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
This bundle contains my power points for Topics 14, 15, and 16. By purchasing together, you save $2!
Lessons presented by the power points include:
14-1 Covering Regions
14-2 Area and Units
14-3 Standard Units
14-4 Area of Squares and Rectangles
14-5 Area and the Distributive Property
14-6 Problem-Solving: Solve a Simpler Problem
14-7 Area of Irregular Shapes
14-8 Same Area, Different Perimeter
14-9 Equal Areas and Fractions
14-10 Problem Solving: Selecting Appropriate Measurement Units
15-1 Customary Units of Capacity
15-2 Metric Units of Capacity
15-3 Units of Mass
15-4 Units of Weight
15-5 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture
16-1: Line Plots
16-2: Length and Line Plots
16-3: Reading Pictographs and Bar Graphs
16-4: Making Pictographs
16-5: Making Bar Graphs
16-6: Problem Solving: Use Tables and Graphs to Draw Conclusions
** BASED ON THE 2012 COMMON CORE VERSION OF ENVISIONS MATH**