Fly into fun with fractions with Grade 3 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 12 Power Point lessons! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on fractions, number lines with fractions, and line plots. Topics covered include unit fractions, dividing regions into equal parts, number lines with fractions less than 1, number lines with fractions greater than 1, line plots and length, and solving multiple step problems with fractions. This topic is aligned to CCSS 3.NF.A.1, 3.G.A.2, 3.NF.A.3.c, 3.NF.A.2a, 3.NF.A.2b., and 3.MD.B.4.
Lessons presented by the power points include:
12-1 Divide Regions into Equal Parts
12-2 Fractions and Regions
12-3 Understand the Whole
12-4 Number Lines: Fractions Less than 1
12-5 Number Lines: Fractions Greater than 1
12-6 Line Plots and Length
12-7 More Line Plots and Length
12-8 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Make Sense and Persevere
You may also be interested in the other power points in this series. Follow my store for updates, freebies, and new products!