Learn more about fractions with Grade 3 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 13 Power Point lessons! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on equivalent fractions and comparing fractions. Topics covered include equivalent fractions using models, equivalent fractions on the number line, comparing fractions with the same numerator, comparing fractions with the same denominator, comparing fractions with unlike numerators or denominators, comparing fractions on the number line, comparing fractions using benchmark fractions, comparing fractions with models, and whole numbers and fractions (mixed numbers). This topic is aligned to CCSS 3.NF.A.3a, 3.NF.A.3b, 3.NF.A.3c, and 3.NF.A.3d.
Lessons presented by the power points include:
13-1 Equivalent Fractions: Use Models
13-2 Equivalent Fractions: Use the Number Line
13-3 Use Models to Compare Fractions: Same Denominator
13-4 Use Models to Compare Fractions: Same Numerator
13-5 Compare Fractions: Use Benchmarks
13-6 Compare Fractions: Use the Number Line
13-7 Whole Numbers and Fractions
13-8 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Construct Arguments
You may also be interested in the other power points in this series. Follow my store for updates, freebies, and new products!