All aboard for learning about AREA with Grade 3 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 6 Power Point lessons! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on area, including finding area using square units and multiplication. Topics covered include covering regions, standard and nonstandard units of area, multiplication of length times width to find area, using the Distributive Property to find area, and finding area of irregular shapes. This topic is aligned to CCSS 3.MD.C.5.a, 3.MD.C.5.b, 3.MD.C.6, 3.MD.C.7a, 3.MD.C.7b, 3.MD.C.7c, and 3.MD.C.7d.
Lessons presented by the power points include:
6-1 Cover Regions
6-2 Area: Nonstandard Units
6-3 Area: Standard Units
6-4 Area of Squares and Rectangles
6-5 Apply Properties: Area and the Distributive Property
6-6 Apply Properties: Area and Irregular Shapes
6-7 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Look for and Use Structure
You may also be interested in the other power points in this series. Check out my store!