Telling time and finding elapsed time are very important skills for math as well as for life! If you are using the Grade 3 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson. The first slide introduces the lesson number and title, allowing you to state and describe the lesson objective to the students. Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 12 focuses on telling time and finding elapsed time. Lessons include telling time to the hour and minute, finding the elapsed time, and working backward to solve problems. These lessons are aligned with Common Core Standard 3.MD.1
12-1: Time to the Half Hour and Quarter Hour
12-2: Time to the Minute
12-3: Units of Time
12-4: Elapsed Time
12-5: Problem Solving: Work Backwards
If you like this product, you may want to consider the other titles in my Grade 3 EnVisions Math Power Point lesson series. They make planning and teaching math as easy as, well, 1-2-3!
Grade 3 Topic 11 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 13 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 14 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***