Cups, Gallons, Liters, Grams, Pounds, and more! If you are using the Grade 3 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and align with the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool to enhance each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 15 is all about measurement of capacity and mass. The customary units and metric units of capacity and mass are introduced, and students are taught how to convert between units within the system.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
15-1 Customary Units of Capacity
15-2 Metric Units of Capacity
15-3 Units of Mass
15-4 Units of Weight
15-5 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture
If you like this product, please consider the other titles in this series- the whole series is for sale in my store. These products make teaching math as easy as, well, 1-2-3!
Grade 3 EnVisions Math Topic 12 Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 EnVisions Math Topic 13 Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 14 EnVisions Power Point Lessons
Grade 3 Topic 16 EnVisions Math Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***