This activity pack includes worksheets and readings that covers the topic of plants. This pack is aligned with the Grade 3 Ontario Science Curriculum, "Growth and Changes in Plants." However, the activities can be used with any grade of student.
The big ideas covered in this packet are:
- Plants have distinct characteristics;
- There are similarities and differences among various types of plants;
- Plants are the primary source of food for humans;
- Humans need to protect plants and their habitats;
- Plants are important to the planet.
The topics covered in this packet are:
- The basic needs of plants and how people can help to meet the basic needs of plants;
- The life cycle of plants (e.g., sunflower & apple tree);
- The characteristics of plants (e.g., similarities and differences between plants);
- The processes of germination, pollination and photosynthesis;
- How plants help people and animals and how humans and animals help plants;
- Plant adaptations to the environment and threats in the environment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Store Name: TeachinginaWonderland