The Daily Math
work packet is designed for students in Grade 3. This packet is also designed for Canadian teachers as the activities are based on expectations outlined in the Ontario Mathematics curriculum.
Each Daily Math monthly packet will feature 30 or 31 (depending on the month) math exercise pages that contain a variety of math skill activities (5 or more per page). These pages can be used as an activation tool prior to a math lesson, at the beginning of the school day or as extra practice after a math lesson. The activities presented in this series of packets will span the various strands outlined in the Ontario Mathematics curriculum.
The following skills are addressed in the November packet:
- Representing numbers to 200 using place value blocks/base ten blocks for # of the day & representing number activities;
- Comparing numbers to 200;
- Identifying the numbers that are 10 more, 10 less, 1 more and 1 less than a given number;
- Adding numbers with sums to 100;
- Subtracting numbers within 100;
- Counting forwards by 3 numbers using numbers from 0 – 200 as starting points;
- Counting backwards by 3 numbers using numbers from 0 – 100 as starting points;
- Skip counting to 200 by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s from various multiples starting points (e.g., for 5’s students might be asked to start at 135 and skip count by 5’s);
- Composing numbers to 20 using two colours;
- Representing money amounts via colouring in the number of coins needed to represent a given money amount;
- Counting a given coin set;
- Recognizing three-dimensional figures and the two-dimensional shapes that can be found in the three-dimensional figures;
- Reading and interpreting simple data presented in a bar graph format with a scale that increases by 1;
- Telling time (:00, :30, :15, and :45);
- Representing time (:00, :30, :15, and :45);
- Measuring the length of given lines (to 20 cm);
- Extending geometric patterns with two repeating attributes;
- Extending and identifying numeric patterns;
Check back soon for the Grade 3 December Daily Math Packet Use these exercise pages for students who are fast finishers, at the beginning of a math lesson to activate student thinking, at the beginning of the day or send the sheets home for extra practice.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. Check out the preview for a look at what each page looks like.
Looking for other Grade 3 Daily Math?
Grade 3 September Daily MathGrade 3 October Daily Math