The "Grade 3 Patterning Activity Packet" is aligned with the Ontario Grade 3 Mathematics curriculum. The concepts addressed in this packet are as follows:
• Identify, extend and create a repeating pattern involving two attributes;
• Identify and describe number patterns involving addition, subtraction and multiplication, represented on a number line, on a calendar, and on a hundreds chart;
• Extend repeating, growing, and shrinking number patterns;
• Create a number pattern involving addition or subtraction, given a pattern represented on a number line or a pattern rule expressed in words;
• Represent simple geometric patterns using a number sequence, a number line, or a bar graph;
• Demonstrate an understanding that a pattern results from repeating an action, repeating an operation, using a transformation, or making some other repeated change to an attribute.
This activity packet includes lessons and worksheets that can be used with students in Grade 3, students in Grade 2 who need an extra challenge or students in Grade 4 who may need more assistance in terms of patterning. There are also coloured pattern strips that are included in this packet that can used for lesson introductions or for reinforcement of concepts. Please note that these strips are only included in colour.
Please note that by purchasing one license it gives you permission to use these activities and lessons in your own classroom. If you wish to share these lessons and activities with a colleague, please purchase another license. I truly appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.