This low-prep, easy to follow math lesson has everything you need to teach the multiplication of 2 digit by 1 digit numbers using a 3-part math lesson. Help your students to develop a deep conceptual understanding of multiplication by using hands-on problem solving, questioning, and purposeful talk!
Follow our lesson plan from beginning to end and top to bottom!
- A carefully selected quick minds-on activity to activate student thinking before the problem-solving activity
- A word problem to illicit student solutions you can use for debriefing the lesson afterward
- Sample solutions for your reference so you can quickly identify the student solutions you will use
- Clearly explained teacher notes that will help you link student solutions and mathematical concepts, all leading your students to a deeper conceptual understanding, and ultimately an efficient and accurate use of algorithms
- Student friendly learning goal and success criteria
- An independent practice problem to give students extra practice and can be used as a quick assessment for your records
- Easy to print copies of the problem (one for each group) and an editable word file of the problems
If you like this lesson, download the full unit plan from our store!