This low-prep, easy to follow math unit has everything you need to comprehensively cover all of the Grade 4 common core standards for multiplication and division using 3-part math lessons. Help your students to develop a deep conceptual understanding of multiplication and division by using hands-on problem solving, questioning, and purposeful talk throughout this unit.
Follow our unit plans and lessons from beginning to end and top to bottom!
- Carefully selected quick minds-on activities to activate student thinking before each problem-solving activity
- A word problem or task to illicit student solutions you can use for debriefing the lesson afterward
- Sample solutions for your reference so you can quickly identify the student solutions you will use
- Clearly explained teacher notes that will help you link student solutions and mathematical concepts, all leading your students to a deeper conceptual understanding, and ultimately an efficient and accurate use of algorithms
- Student friendly learning goals and success criteria
- Easy to print copies of the problem (one for each group)
- An independent practice problem for each lesson to give students extra practice and can be used as a quick assessment for your records
- Practice and review questions, unit test, and assessment rubric
Save yourself hours of preparation while delivering a comprehensive unit to your students!
Download the first lesson in this unit for free from our store!