The “Decimal” activity packet is designed to meet the curriculum expectations for the Ontario Grade 4 Mathematics curriculum. This packet has students:
- Demonstrate an understanding of place value in whole numbers and decimal numbers from 0.1 to 10,000;
- Represent, compare, and order decimal numbers to tenths;
- Count forward by tenths from any decimal number expressed to one decimal place;
- Add and subtract decimal numbers to tenths;
- Determine and explain the relationship between fractions and decimals to tenths;
This packet includes lesson plans and worksheets that can be used to introduce and teach students about decimal numbers to tenths. Some concrete materials are suggested for students to understand how to represent decimals to tenths. Among these materials are fraction circles, snap cubes and fraction strips.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Grade 5 Decimal Activity Packet
Grade 6 Decimal Activity Packet