Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 1 Common Core Version Inspired Power Point lessons start here with multiplication and division! These lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and align with the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Aligned lessons focus on the topic of multiplication and division to build a solid basis for the 4th grade math curriculum. The properties of multiplication and division are covered in order to help students apply those properties to solve problems. Other topics include learning multiplication facts, drawing arrays to solve problems, and writing equations for number sentences. This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.OA.1, 4.OA.2, and 4.OA.3.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
1-1 Meanings of Multiplication
1-2 Patterns for Facts
1-3 Multiplication Properties
1-4 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8 as Factors
1-5 Problem Solving: Look for a Pattern
1-6 Meanings of Division
1-7 Relating Multiplication and Division
1-8 Special Quotients
1-9 Using Multiplication Facts to Find Division Facts
1-10 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture and Write an Equation
For the rest of the Grade 4 Power Points, click here and have your lessons ready for the year!
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 2 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 3 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 4 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 5 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 6 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 7 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 8 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 9 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 10 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 11 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 12 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 13 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 14 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 15 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 16 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***