Fractions can be intimidating to even the best math students....and teachers but they'll seem simple with Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 11 Power Point Lessons! These 4th Grade EnVisions Math power point lessons will help you teach Topic 11 with more confidence and give your students an interactive way to learn the information presented. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 11 focuses on numbers, fractions, and equivalent fractions. Lessons presented by the power points include:
11-2 Prime and Composite Numbers
11-4 Equivalent Fractions
11-5 Number Lines and Equivalent Fractions
11-6 Comparing Fractions
11-7 Ordering Fractions
11-8 Problem Solving: Writing to Explain
If you like this product, please check out the other products in the Grade 4 EnVisions Math Power Point Series!
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 12 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 13 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 14 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***