It's time for more fraction action with Topic 12 in the Grade 4 EnVisions math series. These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based 4th Grade EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Aligned lessons focus on the topic of fractions, this time diving into addition and subtraction of fractions with like denominators. Both addition and subtraction of fractions are introduced by modeling with fraction strips, and then the concept is extended. Mixed numbers and improper fractions are also covered, and students will be taught how to convert between both forms. Lessons will also cover addition and subtraction of mixed numbers and decomposing and composing fractions. Finally, students will solve problems by drawing a picture and writing an equation. This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.NF.3, 4.NF.3.a, 4.NF.3.c, 4.NF.3.d, 4.NF.3.f, Lessons presented by the power points include:
12-1 Modeling Addition of Fractions
12-2 Adding Fractions with Like Denominators
12-3 Modeling Subtraction of Fractions
12-4 Subtracting Fractions with Like Denominators
12-5 Adding and Subtracting on the Number Line
12-6 Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers
12-7 Modeling Addition and Subtraction of Mixed Numbers
12-8 Adding Mixed Numbers
12-9 Subtracting Mixed Numbers
12-10 Decomposing and Composing Fractions
12-11 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture and Write an Equation
If you like this product, please check out my other Grade 4 EnVisions Math products at my store, http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kristin-Jason-7154!
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 13 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 14 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 15 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 16 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***