Delve deeper into fractions and learn about decimals with these power point lessons inspired by Topic 13 in the Grade 4 EnVisions math series. These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment! This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.NF.3, 4.NF.3.a, 4.NF.3.c, 4.NF.3.d, 4.NF.3.f,
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
13-1 Fractions as Multiples of Unit Fractions: Using Models
13-2 Multiplying Fractions by Whole Numbers: Using Models
13-3 Mutiplying Fractions by a Whole Number: Using Symbols
13-4 Fractions and Decimals
13-5 Fractions and Decimals on a Number Line
13-6 Equivalent Fractions and Decimals
13-7 Decimal Place Value
13-8 Comparing and Ordering Decimals
13-9 Using Money to Understand Decimals
13-10 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture
If you like this product, please check out my other products at my store, http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kristin-Jason-7154!
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 14 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 15 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 16 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***