Do you want an interactive method for teaching your Grade 4 EnVisions Math lessons that integrates technology as well as the Common Core Standards? If you are using the 4th grade EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 15 focuses on solving problems based on different types of measurement and data. Lessons presented by the power points include:
15-1 Solving Perimeter and Area Problems
15-2 Solving Measurement Problems
15-3 Solving Problems Involving Money
15-4 Solving Problems Involving Line Plots
15-5 Problem Solving: Solve a Simpler Problem and Make a Table
If you like this product, please check out the other products in the Grade 4 EnVisions Math Power Point Series!
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 16 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 Envisions Math Topic 1 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 2 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***