Do you want an interactive method for teaching Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 5 lessons that can integrate technology as well as the Common Core Standards? If you are using the Grade 4 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and align with the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the grade level math skills and objectives.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 5 focuses on solving methods for solving multiplication problems as well as estimating to solve problems.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
5-1 Arrays and Multiplying by 10 and 100
5-2 Multiplying by Multiples of 10 and 100
5-3 Breaking Apart to Multiply
5-4 Using Mental Math to Multiply
5-5 Using Rounding to Estimate
5-6 Problem Solving: Reasonableness
If you like this product, please check out the other products in the Math Power Point Series!
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 6 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 7 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 8 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***