It's time to master multiplication with Grade 4 EnVisions Math Inspired Power Point Lessons! These lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and align with the skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These lessons focus on the topic of multiplication and extend the skill to 2 and 3 digit by 1 digit numbers as well as estimating to check work. Other topics include learning multiplication facts, drawing arrays to solve problems, and writing equations for number sentences. This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.NBT.5, 4.NBT.3, and 4.OA.3.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
6-1 Arrays and Using an Expanded Algorithm
6-2 Connecting the Expanded and Standard Algorithms
6-3 Multiplying 2 Digit by 1 Digit Numbers
6-4 Multiplying 3 and 4 Digit by 1 Digit Numbers
6-5 Multiplying By 1 Digit Numbers (Estimating to Check)
6-6 Problem Solving: Missing or Extra Information
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 7 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 8 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 9 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***