Get ready for multiplication of larger numbers with Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 7 Common Core Inspired Power Point Lessons! These Common Core aligned power point lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based skills and terminology to help your students master fourth grade math. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Aligned lessons focus on the topic of multiplication of larger numbers and extends the skill to 2 and 3 digit by 2 digit numbers as well as estimating and using compatible numbers to check work. This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.NBT.5, 4.NBT.3, and 4.OA.3.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
7-1 Arrays and Multiplying 2 Digit Numbers by Multiples of 10
7-2 Using Mental Math to Multiply 2 Digit Numbers
7-3 Using Rounding to Estimate
7-4 Using Compatible Numbers to Estimate
7-5 Problem Solving: Multiple Step Problems
If you like this product, please check out my other products! Here are some related links:
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 8 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 9 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 10 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***