Two digit multiplication mastery- once you teach this topic with the Grade 4 EnVisions Math Inspired Topic 8 Power Point Lessons, it won't just be a dream to have your students become Master Multipliers. These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based skills and terminology to help your students master fourth grade math.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Aligned lessons focus on the topic of multiplication of two digit numbers using arrays, the partial products method, and the classic multiplication method. Other topics include multiplying with two digit multiples of ten, drawing arrays to solve problems, and solving two part problems. This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.NBT.5, 4.NBT.3, and 4.OA.3.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
8-1 Arrays and Multiplying Two Digit Numbers
8-2 Arrays and an Expanded Algorithm
8-3 Multiplying 2 Digit Numbers By Multiples of Ten
8-4 Multiplying 2 Digit by 2 Digit Numbers
8-5 Problem Solving: Two-Question Problems
Here are some related products!
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 9 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 10 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 11 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***