Division is not so intimidating with these Grade 4 EnVisions Math Inspired Topic 9 Power Point Lessons. These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use skills and terminology to help your students master fourth grade math.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Aligned lessons focus on the topic of division by one digit numbers using mental math, estimation, remainders, and analyzing the wording of number stories. This topic is aligned to CCSS 4.NBT.5, 4.NBT.6, 4.OA.2, and 4.OA.3.
Power point lessons are inspired by the following lessons:
9-1 Using Mental Math to Divide
9-2 Estimating Quotients
9-3 Estimating Quotients for Greater Dividends
9-4 Dividing with Remainders
9-5 Multiplication and Division Stories
9-6 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture and Write an Equation
If you like this product, please check out my other products at my store, http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kristin-Jason-7154!
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 10 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 11 Power Point Lessons
Grade 4 EnVisions Math Topic 12 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is inspired by the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***