Fly into factors and fractions and integrate technology while teaching with Grade 4 EnVisions Math with Topic 11, Topic 12, and Topic 13 (2012 Common Core version)! These lesson power points are designed to enhance and guide your instruction, without any prep on your part except a quick review of the slides.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
This bundle contains my power points for Topics 11,12, and 13. By purchasing together, you save $2!
Lessons presented by the power points include:
11-2 Prime and Composite Numbers
11-4 Equivalent Fractions
11-5 Number Lines and Equivalent Fractions
11-6 Comparing Fractions
11-7 Ordering Fractions
11-8 Problem Solving: Writing to Explain
12-1 Modeling Addition of Fractions
12-2 Adding Fractions with Like Denominators
12-3 Modeling Subtraction of Fractions
12-4 Subtracting Fractions with Like Denominators
12-5 Adding and Subtracting on the Number Line
12-6 Improper Fractions and Mixed Numbers
12-7 Modeling Addition and Subtraction of Mixed Numbers
12-8 Adding Mixed Numbers
12-9 Subtracting Mixed Numbers
12-10 Decomposing and Composing Fractions
12-11 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture and Write an Equation
13-1 Fractions as Multiples of Unit Fractions: Using Models
13-2 Multiplying Fractions by Whole Numbers: Using Models
13-3 Mutiplying Fractions by a Whole Number: Using Symbols
13-4 Fractions and Decimals
13-5 Fractions and Decimals on a Number Line
13-6 Equivalent Fractions and Decimals
13-7 Decimal Place Value
13-8 Comparing and Ordering Decimals
13-9 Using Money to Understand Decimals
13-10 Problem Solving: Draw a Picture
** BASED ON THE 2012 COMMON CORE VERSION OF ENVISIONS MATH**