Master 4th grade math skills and integrate technology while teaching with Grade 4 EnVisions Math with Topic 14, Topic 15, and Topic 16 (2012 Common Core version)! These lesson power points are designed to enhance and guide your instruction, without any prep on your part except a quick review of the slides.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
This bundle contains my power points for Topics 14, 15, and 16. By purchasing together, you save $2!
Lessons presented by the power points include:
14-1 Using Customary Units of Length
14-2 Customary Units of Capacity
14-3 Units of Weight
14-4 Changing Customary Units
14-5 Problem Solving: Writing to Explain
14-6 Using Metric Units of Length
14-7 Metric Units of Capacity
14-8 Units of Mass
14-9 Changing Metric Units
14-10 Units of Time
14-11 Problem Solving: Working Backward
15-1 Solving Perimeter and Area Problems
15-2 Solving Measurement Problems
15-3 Solving Problems Involving Money
15-4 Solving Problems Involving Line Plots
15-5 Problem Solving: Solve a Simpler Problem and Make a Table
16-1 Points, Lines, and Planes
16-2 Line Segments, Rays, and Angles
16-3 Understanding Angles and Unit Angles
16-4 Measuring with Unit Angles
16-5 Measuring Angles
16-6 Adding and Subtracting Angles
16-10 Line Symmetry
16-11 Problem Solving: Make and Test Generalizations
** BASED ON THE 2012 COMMON CORE VERSION OF ENVISIONS MATH**