Help your students to become master multipliers and integrate technology while teaching with Grade 4 EnVisions Math with Topic 6, Topic 7, and Topic 8 (2012 Common Core version)! These lesson power points are designed to enhance and guide your instruction, without any prep on your part except a quick review of the slides.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
This bundle contains my power points for Topics 6, 7, and 8. By purchasing together, you save $2!
6-1 Arrays and Using an Expanded Algorithm
6-2 Connecting the Expanded and Standard Algorithms
6-3 Multiplying 2 Digit by 1 Digit Numbers
6-4 Multiplying 3 and 4 Digit by 1 Digit Numbers
6-5 Multiplying By 1 Digit Numbers (Estimating to Check)
6-6 Problem Solving: Missing or Extra Information
7-1 Arrays and Multiplying 2 Digit Numbers by Multiples of 10
7-2 Using Mental Math to Multiply 2 Digit Numbers
7-3 Using Rounding to Estimate
7-4 Using Compatible Numbers to Estimate
7-5 Problem Solving: Multiple Step Problems
8-1 Arrays and Multiplying Two Digit Numbers
8-2 Arrays and an Expanded Algorithm
8-3 Multiplying 2 Digit Numbers By Multiples of Ten
8-4 Multiplying 2 Digit by 2 Digit Numbers
8-5 Problem Solving: Two-Question Problems
** BASED ON THE 2012 COMMON CORE VERSION OF ENVISIONS MATH**